Sept 1, 2016
Entnest follow the seven principles recommended by OECD for protection of personal data:
1. Notice - data subjects should be given notice when their data is being collected,
2. Purpose - data should only be used for the purpose stated and not for any other purposes,
3. Consent - data should not be disclosed without the data subject’s consent,
4. Security - collected data should be kept secure from any potential abuses,
5. Disclosure - data subjects should be informed as to who is collecting their data,
6. Access - data subjects should be allowed to access their data and make corrections to any inaccurate data, and
7. Accountability - data subjects should have a method available to them to hold data collectors accountable for not following the above principles.
Entnest collects information about you both directly (you updating your profile information or adding knowledge, for example) and indirectly (for instance, How you rate different pieces of knowledge from other members, which boards you answer, but also WiFi access points, the device you use etc). For some time after our launch on Sept 1, 2016, we will record the user activities on the site. We will do this in order to see where users have some difficulties and subsequently to determine where we have improvement opportunities. The recordings and all personal identifiable information will be deleted as soon as we have taken note of essential improvements needed. The notes will not cover any personal identifiable information - only details needed for the below Purpose.
We collect your information in order to be able to provide the best services we can to you and other members.
By using our Services, you consent to us collecting and using your information to enhance our Services to you and other members.
We are doing what we can to keep your data safe with us, but like all other information and services on internet, we can never give a 100% guarantee.
The data we collect can be stored on the servers we use (all based in Switzerland), but also on your local device using mechanisms such as browser web storage, application data caches, cookies and similar technologies.
You can access your Direct information through the Profile Management screens. You should update your information to correctly reflect your situation and to thus get an even better experience of our Services.